Introduction

Oire Nomi

Nieuw lid
14 apr 2016
Baarn
Hello fellow woodworkers,

Please receive my apologies for this English message in a Dutch language forum. I thought an introduction message after registration would be in order.

I am a hobbyist woodworker with a few years of experience and a humbling understanding of how much there is still to learn in the craft. I love and practise traditional woodworking but, being essentially a pragmatist, I do not shy from using power tools for rough dimensioning.

Our family, consisting of my native-Dutch wife, myself and our two cats, will move to Baarn (UT) this summer for reasons related to work commute.

Would my use of English in this forum be offensive/upsetting to you? If that's the case, please let me know and I will refrain from posting.
Feel free to communicate to me in Dutch, I have a fair enough grasp of the language to understand what other people are telling me but just not enough (yet) to express myself sufficiently accurate.

Met vriendelijke groet,
Oire Nomi

ImNaiki

Actieve deelnemer
21 jul 2013
Nederland
Hello and welcome to this forum. :D
For me it is no problem at all, I rather even prefer English :) since I dont always know the dutch translation of certain things :p

Klaas

Post veel
16 jul 2012
Nieuwegein
Hi Oire, welcome to the forum! English shouldn't be a problem for most users here, especially when you can read Dutch. Replying in English might pose a problem for some, but if I understood correctly that's not an issue.

I'm curious though, what kind of projects do you do/make as a pragmatist? :)

Wim Kluck

Oud hout
28 feb 2010
Gaanderen
Welkom. Laat maar een paar werkstukken zien. We zijn gek op plaatjes. Baarn is vlak bij. Zit nog een redelijke houthandel. NIJHOF. Helaas niet een van de goedkoopste.

Oire Nomi

Nieuw lid
14 apr 2016
Baarn
Welkom. Laat maar een paar werkstukken zien. We zijn gek op plaatjes. Baarn is vlak bij. Zit nog een redelijke houthandel. NIJHOF. Helaas niet een van de goedkoopste.
Almost neighbours indeed! For now, almost every single tool is packed and waiting for the move. Once that happens, I have a brand new set of problems to solve: find a new workshop, get a bandsaw, ... The workshop part seems to be the most difficult one so far.
Nijhof -- check. Some decent pieces of wood to be had indeed but I agree it's probably wiser to shop around a bit.

Klaas

Post veel
16 jul 2012
Nieuwegein
And don't buy all the wood at once, just what you need.. :p As for your workshop problems, doesn't your future Baarn residence provide for one in the form of a garage or a garden that can be converted into a workshop? :cool:

Oire Nomi

Nieuw lid
14 apr 2016
Baarn
And don't buy all the wood at once, just what you need.. :p As for your workshop problems, doesn't your future Baarn residence provide for one in the form of a garage or a garden that can be converted into a workshop? :cool:

If only... The garage, which was on the small side to begin with, is now converted into a home office. Some paid work needs to be done to feed one's Festool addiction. ;)
The garden is claimed by my wife already.

Wimmel

Post veel
27 apr 2014
Montfoort
Welcome and feel free to post in any language you like.

Dutch and English will get you the most replies though :).

Hunto

Post veel
21 jan 2014
Drenthe
If only... The garage, which was on the small side to begin with, is now converted into a home office. Some paid work needs to be done to feed one's Festool addiction. ;)
The garden is claimed by my wife already.

Tja, dan rest niets anders dan de zolder. Welkom in Holland! ;)

Deze plek is voor toekomstige tekst. Door nu alvast deze kolom te activeren blijft de kolommen structuur ongewijzigd en de lezerservaring hetzelfde als er hier content geplaatst gaat worden.

Hier kan straks ook info geplaatst worden.