Latest Tippers

GordonFalconer

Actieve deelnemer
29 aug 2011
Brunssum
www.falconwood.nl
Hello fellow woodworkers,

Here's a picture of a few of my latest "tippers".

L to R, Pink Ivory, African Blackwood, Brazilian Tulipwood, Kingwood & Cocobolo.
Length 27cm, Dia 11 - 7- 9mm.

Cheers, Gordon

Attached files

mootje

Post veel
31 dec 2010
zuid-holland
very nice, and how they playing? did you hear/feel a difference? and nice differend colour off the wood, too. (sorry for my not so good englisch.....)

GordonFalconer

Actieve deelnemer
29 aug 2011
Brunssum
www.falconwood.nl
Hi Mootje, thanks for the comments !!!
You do feel and hear a difference from each wood (although I think some people buy certain wood as much because of how they look, as how they sound). The African Blackwood and Pink Ivory are heavy but still quite flexible, the Brazilian Tulipwood is flexible but a bit lighter and the Kingwood and Cocobolo are heavy and stiff.
The different woods have different playing characteristics, which is really personal preference. The main two woods used for this style of thin tipper are Macassar Ebony (heavy but flexible) and Snakewood (heavy and stiff), so I'm trying to give players more of a choice and also introduce them to these beautiful woods.
Hope that answers your question, thanks again for the interest.
Cheers, Gordon

mootje

Post veel
31 dec 2010
zuid-holland
i'm learn of that, thanks. i did n't now that, i thougth so, because; why there so many different material, now i understand....
and i've seen your site and you are from scotland, nice , my favorit country ;)

do you speak or read dutch, or will you here speak englisch?

GordonFalconer

Actieve deelnemer
29 aug 2011
Brunssum
www.falconwood.nl
Hi Mootje, thanks for having a look at the site (Scotland is my favourite country too......;-).
I do speak dutch and I can read it (sometimes with a bit of help from my wife) but I find it hard to write in dutch. So that is why my posts have been in English.

mootje

Post veel
31 dec 2010
zuid-holland
thanks, i understand. you can read the most information of this forum, that's 'handy' and we can read englisch, ....also 'handy'

peterderooij

Actieve deelnemer
7 sep 2008
Hi Gordon,

These tippers are looking good indeed (although i have never seen tippers before ;) ). The finish with oil and wax makes them shine and accentuates the grain of the wood very nice. Also I have looked at some Robbie Walsh and other bodhran players video's on youtube. Very interesting to learn a bit about this instrument (which is new for me as well). For those who are interested YFScWzy4V0I[/MEDIA]]here's an example.

Cheers

Peter

Deze plek is voor toekomstige tekst. Door nu alvast deze kolom te activeren blijft de kolommen structuur ongewijzigd en de lezerservaring hetzelfde als er hier content geplaatst gaat worden.

Hier kan straks ook info geplaatst worden.