Welkom bij www.woodworking.nl.
Resultaten 1 tot 8 van de 8

Walnut jewellery box with concealed drawers.

Hi All

This is my latest commission – it is made from black walnut with sycamore inlays. The lid is made from bandsawn veneers with the grain running front to back. The flap is held in place in the close position with 2 spring catches and the box is lined in mulberry suede. Finished with several coats of blonde shellac followed by wax. Fitted with nickel hardware.

Cheers

Ian

Re: Walnut jewellery box with concealed drawers.

I really love the elegant simplicity of your boxes. Marvellous! The photography is very, very good too by the way. Do you do this yourself or do you have this done?

Arthur

Thanks Arthur - the photography is done by myself. Easier to control that way and cheaper

Best

Ian

The box looks very elegant, really nice work there!! Could you tell a little bit about how you install the felt (purple inside)?

Kind regards,

Ralph

Hi Ralph

The lining is mulberry pig suede - it is attached to card with doublesided tape and then glued in place with latex glue or copydex glue. The suede cuts very clean with a sharp scalpel.

Hope that helps.

best

Ian

Very simple and very nice!

Can you post some photos of ''the work in progress''?

That's craftmanship, very cool videos!

Forum Rechten