(English post) Help picking up the correct paint online

Geppetto

Actieve deelnemer
18 mrt 2014
Hello All,

I hope that someone can help me out. I need to buy some paint, but I want to learn to buy it online from a website like www.verfwebwinkel.nl, however when I look on the site, I get overwhelmed with choices.

I usually make small things with two types of wood : MDF and Multiplex, the builds are not professional and the paint needs to be water basis, I cannot work with turpentine based paint, and I guess last piece of information is that I usually use Zijdeglans type since I like it that way.

Can someone explain to me what Dutch words do I need to use on the website to navigate through such an amount of products? Or perhaps
tell me the product itself so I can than keep buying the same ones?

Below are some ideas of What I am looking for:
All projects are for inside, not outside.

• Primer for MDF – Water Basis
  • Paint for MDF – Water basis – Zijdeglans
  • Primer for Multiplex – Water Basis
  • Paint for Multiplex – Waterbasis – Zideglans
  • LaK for MDF and Multiplex – Water basis – clear color

Thank You so much for your wisdom and Dutch lesson

Best Regards
Nic

rmenkveld

Post veel
7 mrt 2015
Utrecht
verfdirect.nl has a very neat setup when looking for paint.
Good experience with these people (owner delivered the goods himself first time since he had to be near anyway) and a lot of choices from A-brands (Sigma, sikkens etc.)
Site menu lets you choose within catagories (grondverf/aflak) and then waterbased and terpentine based.

Guido76

Actieve deelnemer
23 okt 2018
Zeewolde
I can't help you with the amount of choice. It is indeed always difficult to pick something when there is too much to choose from.
Otherwise it's easier to go to a local hardware shop like Gamma or a more specific paintshop. They are able to help you in english as all Dutch speak english as well.

I recently got a lot of mdf primer at Gamma as it was next to my house and ended up using a lot more than calculated. But sometimes I also use the multi primer from
action. Much cheaper.

But just the translations:

Primer paint = grondverf
Matte paint = mat
zijdeglans = satin
hoogglans= gloss

waterbased= watergedragen
terpentine based verf = alkyd verf

Actually I'm not so sure if alkyd paint is based on terpentine, but google says you can dillute it with terpentine.

There is alkyd paint and acryl paint. Both can be used inside but alkyd paint will smell a lot for weeks. Acryl paint is more odourless.
I'm not a painter so professional painters should help you further in making the choice which type of paint you want.

I choose my paint based on the colour I like....

Laatst bewerkt:

Hkuit

Actieve deelnemer
6 dec 2017
Sint-Michielsgestel
Alkyd paint is terpentine based, acryl paint is water based. Professional are not allowed to use alkyd paint inside anymore, because of the exposure to solvents.

Laatst bewerkt:

Deze plek is voor toekomstige tekst. Door nu alvast deze kolom te activeren blijft de kolommen structuur ongewijzigd en de lezerservaring hetzelfde als er hier content geplaatst gaat worden.

Hier kan straks ook info geplaatst worden.