Woodworking in den Haag Tips needed

Tjoin

Nieuw lid
30 nov 2015
Hi, first, i apologize for not witting in Dutch but This seems such a welcoming woodworking community so i decided to jump in on English

I just move to the Hague and I'm following a wood working continuing education program as well as learning dutch.
I am looking for members in the city with tips and advice on the craft as well as info on shared spaces or workshops where i can practice what i am learning.
Really excited abut hearing your thoughts.

You can reply in Dutch if you feel more comfortable. I am giving a good run to Google translate and though off the mark sometimes, it's helped me a lot.

Cheer
T

WR1944

Oud hout
Hi
Most of my life, I lived in Den Haag but 5 years ago I moved to the States. So I can't give you much practical assistance. There are a few forum members living in Den Haag but I don't think they have much workspace to offer. Some big cities have community workshops where you can do woodworking but not in Den Haag as far as I know.
You should also ask people from your education about the options.
Maybe one of the members will chime in with information or tips.

Success with your study.

Tjoin

Nieuw lid
30 nov 2015
Thank you WR1944. Funny, I just moved from NYC.
You are correct about the city workspaces. I found both in Amsterdam and Rotherham but sadly not here.
I'll keep asking around.
Good luck over there.
Tjoin

koen77

Actieve deelnemer
27 nov 2014
Voorburg
Hi Tjoin,
If you are looking for a shared workplace not too far from the Hague there's Brechje Vermaat's Studio InHout. For a small fee you can rent a space in her workshop and use the equipment - provided you know what you're doing of course! (http://www.studioinhout.nl/).
Regards,
Koen

*edit*
Forgot to mention, Studio InHout is in Delft, an easy bike ride away. Lets you practice some Dutch culture besides your language courses ;-)

Laatst bewerkt:

Tjoin

Nieuw lid
30 nov 2015
dankjewel Koen77. Great tip.
I'll drop her a line and see if it works.
Dui ;-)

pepe

Nieuw lid
25 aug 2020
Hi, first, i apologize for not witting in Dutch but This seems such a welcoming woodworking community so i decided to jump in on English

I just move to the Hague and I'm following a wood working continuing education program as well as learning dutch.
I am looking for members in the city with tips and advice on the craft as well as info on shared spaces or workshops where i can practice what i am learning.
Really excited abut hearing your thoughts.

You can reply in Dutch if you feel more comfortable. I am giving a good run to Google translate and though off the mark sometimes, it's helped me a lot.

Cheer
T
Hello, do you mind me asking which woodworking program you have attended ? thank you !
regards
Pedro

Deze plek is voor toekomstige tekst. Door nu alvast deze kolom te activeren blijft de kolommen structuur ongewijzigd en de lezerservaring hetzelfde als er hier content geplaatst gaat worden.

Hier kan straks ook info geplaatst worden.