Wood Wax help

Geppetto

Actieve deelnemer
18 mrt 2014
Hello All,

I need some help from you dutch speakers :)
I am having lots of fun building dome jigs for my table saw,
many videos I watch on YouTube, I see they use some kind of
wax paste, to make the wood slide better over the top of the
table saw.

This is an example from Steve Ramsey, which I follow alot
if you check at 4:15 in this video you see what he uses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H00prACPflw

When I go to Praxis or Gamma here in the Netherlands
I don't know how to explain it to the shop.

Could you give me the dutch name of a product that would
do the same as what it does in the video, I could then just go to the shop
tell them the actual product name.

Thanks so much

Laatst bewerkt:

avh

Nieuw lid
27 apr 2014
Hello Geppetto,

You can use parafinewas to make the wood slide better.

Regards Arjan

Klaas

Post veel
16 jul 2012
Nieuwegein
Hi Geppetto,

I doubt it you'll get what you need at a Gamma of a Praxis, in my opinion those stores are for emergencies when you need something quick and price and quality are not as important. ;) The parafinewax can be found at a pharmacy, for other products it depends. Some use WD40 or machineoil (like they do on the sole of a plane), others use candlesticks that you rub on the surface (plane sole, sawtable, drawerguides etc).

But I can't tell you what else to use besides parafine or WD40, I've never had the need to lubricate my sawtable. :)

Ad Beumer

Actieve deelnemer
4 aug 2011
I get my paraffine wax from Blokker or HEMA in the form of waxinelichtjes.
Cheap, perfect for making tools work frictionless, quite handy to have around during a power outage and a fun way of putting your house on fire for christmas. :)

HoutHans

Actieve deelnemer
1 mei 2012
Indeed, stumps from candles work like a charm, amd the wife's happy as well with me recycling her candle waste.

maartenb

Actieve deelnemer
15 sep 2012
Groningen
I also use a candle. For the table of the thicknesser/planer it makes all the difference between not being able to pull the wood through, or passing really smooth. It also makes my hand saw feel like new again.

Wim Kluck

Oud hout
28 feb 2010
Gaanderen
Look for bison houtglijmiddel. For sale at baptist arnhem. But the are not the only one. Search at Google for houtglijmiddel.

WillemLimmen

Actieve deelnemer
21 feb 2013
I use Beewax for this. In dutch it is called 'Bijenwas'. Smells good, preserves excellent, looks nice and slides even better!

Deze plek is voor toekomstige tekst. Door nu alvast deze kolom te activeren blijft de kolommen structuur ongewijzigd en de lezerservaring hetzelfde als er hier content geplaatst gaat worden.

Hier kan straks ook info geplaatst worden.