Welkom bij www.woodworking.nl.
Resultaten 1 tot 8 van de 8

Onderwerp: Wood Wax help

Wood Wax help

Hello All,

I need some help from you dutch speakers :-)
    I am having lots of fun building dome jigs for my table saw,
    many videos I watch on YouTube, I see they use some kind of
    wax paste, to make the wood slide better over the top of the
    table saw.

This is an example from Steve Ramsey, which I follow alot
    if you check at 4:15 in this video you see what he uses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H00prACPflw

When I go to Praxis or Gamma here in the Netherlands
    I don't know how to explain it to the shop.

Could you give me the dutch name of a product that would
    do the same as what it does in the video, I could then just go to the shop
    tell them the actual product name.

Thanks so much
    Laatst gewijzigd door Geppetto; 13-05-14 om 07:08. Reden: added link

Hello Geppetto,

You can use parafinewas to make the wood slide better.

Regards Arjan

Ingeschreven
    Jul 2012
    Hi Geppetto,

I doubt it you'll get what you need at a Gamma of a Praxis, in my opinion those stores are for emergencies when you need something quick and price and quality are not as important. The parafinewax can be found at a pharmacy, for other products it depends. Some use WD40 or machineoil (like they do on the sole of a plane), others use candlesticks that you rub on the surface (plane sole, sawtable, drawerguides etc).

But I can't tell you what else to use besides parafine or WD40, I've never had the need to lubricate my sawtable.

I get my paraffine wax from Blokker or HEMA in the form of waxinelichtjes.
    Cheap, perfect for making tools work frictionless, quite handy to have around during a power outage and a fun way of putting your house on fire for christmas.

Indeed, stumps from candles work like a charm, amd the wife's happy as well with me recycling her candle waste.

I also use a candle. For the table of the thicknesser/planer it makes all the difference between not being able to pull the wood through, or passing really smooth. It also makes my hand saw feel like new again.

Look for bison houtglijmiddel. For sale at baptist arnhem. But the are not the only one. Search at Google for houtglijmiddel.

I use Beewax for this. In dutch it is called 'Bijenwas'. Smells good, preserves excellent, looks nice and slides even better!

Forum Rechten